‘Cold-Formed Steel Design - Fifth Edition’ is published by AISI, CCFSS
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) and the Wei-Wen Yu Center for Cold-Formed Steel Structures (CCFSS) at Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla, Mo., announced the publication of “Cold-Formed Steel Design - Fifth Edition.” The book was updated by Wei-Wen Yu, Ph.D., PE and Roger LaBoube, Ph.D., PE, of CCFSS, and Helen Chen, Ph.D., PE, of AISI. It includes developments in cold-formed steel design theory and practice.
The fifth edition contains information about the analysis and design of the thin-walled, cold-formed steel structures. It includes descriptions of construction and structural behavior of cold-formed steel members and connections from theoretical and experimental points of view. It is a reference material for students, structural engineers, architects, researchers, construction managers and others interested in cold-formed steel design and its sustainable and resilient benefits for mid-rise building construction.
- Design provisions in AISI S100-16, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members, 2016 edition.
- Design examples to conform with AISI S100-16.
- Explanation of the reasons and justification for the various design provisions of the North American Specification and framing design standards.
- Coverage of allowable stress design, load and resistance factor design, limit states design, effective width method and direct strength method.
- Section on power-actuated fastener connections.
Introductions to framing design standards include:
- AISI S220-15, North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing, Nonstructural Members, 2015 edition.
- AISI S230-19, North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing, Prescriptive Method for One- and Two-Family Dwellings, 2019 edition.
- AISI S240-15, North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Structural Framing, 2015 edition.
- AISI S400-15, North American Standard for Seismic Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Systems, 2015 edition.
- AISI S310-16, North American Standard for the Design of Profiled Steel Diaphragm Panels, 2016 edition.
For more information, visit ccfssonline.org.