From WorldSteel: Steel enables innovation. Steel is creativity, applied.
Original article posted on WorldSteel's website.
Steel’s properties make innovation possible, allowing ideas to be achieved, solutions to be found and possibilities to be reality. Steel makes the art of engineering possible, and beautiful.
- New lightweight steel makes applications lighter and more flexible while retaining the required high strength.
- Modern steel products have never been more sophisticated. From smart car designs to high-tech computers, from cutting edge medical equipment to state-of-the-art satellites.
- Architects can create any shape or span they desire and steel structures can be designed to suit their innovative designs.
- New and better ways of making modern steel are invented every year. In 1937, 83,000 tonnes of steel were needed for the Golden Gate Bridge, today, only half of that amount would be required.
- Over 75% of the steels in use today did not exist 20 years ago.